Thursday, December 18, 2008

My Christmas 'WORD'

I was thinking of my life (evaluating......just thinking...... generally about the passing year like a lot of people have been doing)……I guess I was overwhelmed.....a lot things are not working, some things have just been the same.......I needed change, a new song

And I got in to a mood of praying and spent some ‘little time’ with my father…. and this word was dropped to my spirit "For to us a child is born, to us a son is given" ( I was almost saying …God , out of all the directions I am looking for…………, a Christmas carol?)

Well…obediently, I reached for my bible and I looked up these verses in Isaiah 9…… and my!

It blew my mind……….

6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.


7 Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end.
He will reign on David's throne and over his kingdom,
establishing and upholding it
with justice and righteousness from that time on and forever.
The zeal of the LORD Almighty will accomplish this. (NIV)

The effect these verses had on me confirmed again the matchless power of the word!
It is timeless! because I (like a lot of people) have read these scripture verses many times in my life and it never ministered to me like this!

I've know these verses since I was a child…...OK, to be truthful I’ve known the carol since I was a child…’for unto us a child is born’….sure you remember that slow but nice carol, but the words had not made so much meaning to me like it did now…..

I know year in year out, millions of sermons have been preached at Christmas and other times on this Isaiah 9, but believe me, the description of the person of our savoiur Jesus Christ in the verses above just became really personal to me 4 days ago! ……

as I go into the Christmas season and beyond…the words in my spirit are……………

JESUS in my:-

My Wonderful Counselor! (Counsel is priceless, no greater blessing than knowing I have the counsel of the all-knowing, the wisest, and the omniscient one, who sees all and knows all)


My Mighty God! (what an ally I have in all my life endeavours! the “all mighty God, is ‘my own’ God, ….and I am reminded that in ALL things, He that is with/ in me is greater than He that is in the world)

My everlasting father! ( I know how it would feel right now, to be Obama’s daughter…….but the King of all Kings, the most influential personality in the world, the one that owns the cattle on a thousand hills…has lavished so much love on me to call me His daughter! ….I am the daughter of a King! You need to see me do the ‘royal dance)

My prince of peace! (And now…..I’m like God you are too much! He actually planned for my peace,( peace on every side, peace not like the world gives, peace the surpasses ALL understanding and I love the way ‘the Message version’ puts it, the ‘prince of wholeness’ and if there is anything my life needs now…its wholeness in spirit, body and soul! Jesus is the ‘prince of wholeness’


And I saw again in verse 7..…..’There will be NO END of the increase of his government and peace’.…

'The Message’ version says …….'no limits to the wholeness He brings’
'The amplified' version puts like this: 'His government and its peace will never end!

I am thankful to God today for this total package of a ‘whole life; salvation, counsel, peace and wholeness, things that all the money in this world WOULD NOT buy!……..
I pray this season make so much meaning to you too;

As many of us that need to be made whole in one or the other, may you receive wholeness

As many whose life is in turmoil, the prince of peace would grant peace to your inner man, peace is one thing I know a lot of people lack…….I pray God grants your heart that tranquility….peace that cannot be understood.....that surpasses all understanding no matter what's happening

And for those who feel ‘alone’ and isolated, may your heart receive the love of your father

And for the confused, the amazing and best counselor would meet you at your point of need!

…… and I wish you a very interesting and fun filled Christmas!

Merry Christmas!!


PS: You need to need see the translation for ‘The message’ version of the bible for Isaiah 9 :6-7

For a child has been born—for us!
the gift of a son—for us!

He'll take over the running of the world.
His names will be:
Amazing Counselor,
Strong God,Eternal Father,
Prince of Wholeness.His ruling authority will grow,
and there'll be no limits to the wholeness he brings.
He'll rule from the historic David throne
over that promised kingdom.He'll put that kingdom on a firm footing
and keep it goingWith fair dealing and right living


( I am still looking at other translations of these verses........)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is the reason for the season. His words are forever new and relevant.

Keep basking in the euphoria of the season...



Merry Xmas and a happy new year in advance.

amakapreneur said...

no doubt.Jesus is the greatest gft to mankind. He is the reason for the season. merry xmas.